Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The seventh day of my life, June 21

Today I spoke with the restaurant manager again, this time about the logistic problem that I had (the restaurant being so far, the pay being so low). I half expected him to tell me to take it or leave it, but instead, he told me that it was fine, and that he would keep me on call for whenever he was short a dishwasher or extra set of hands in the warehouse or kitchen. I thanked him for the experience, and made sure to get as much contact information to him as I could. I hope he keeps me in mind in future days. The next task was to stop by a local museum (check it out some time! The New Hampshire Farm Museum), and apply there for an internship. I was greeted there with open arms, and told to start work tomorrow, as it was their dairy day event they needed the extra help with. I am more than happy to work with them, seeing as it is right up my alley to work with historic pieces, reenact, and research as much as I can about the time period I am educating about. I should probably brush up on my people skills with the children, but now that I don't have my long flowing locks, I won't look as frightful as I once did. I should also brush up on my colonial knowledge again, seeing as there shouldn't be any dark ages museums around here any time soon (but I can at least hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment